H2020-FETFLAG-2018-2020 (FET FLAGSHIPS – Tackling grand interdisciplinary science and technology challenges)
ASTERIQS, a collaboration of several EU groups and industry partners, will exploit quantum sensing based on the NV center in ultrapure diamond to bring solutions to societal and economic needs for which no solution exists yet. Its objectives are to develop:
- Advanced applications based on magnetic field measurement: fully integrated scanning diamond magnetometer instrument for nanometer scale measurements, high dynamics range magnetic field sensor to control advanced batteries used in electrical car industry, labon – Chip Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) detector for early diagnosis of disease, magnetic field imaging camera for biology or robotics, instantaneous spectrum analyser for wireless communications management;
- New sensing applications to sense temperature within a cell, to monitor new states of matter under high pressure, to sense electric field with ultimate sensitivity;
- New measurement tools to elucidate the chemical structure of single molecules by NMR for the pharmaceutical industry or the structure of spintronics devices at the nanoscale for new generation spin-based electronic devices.
- Huijie Zheng, Zhiyin Sun, Georgios Chatzidrosos, Chen Zhang, Kazuo Nakamura, Hitoshi Sumiya, Takeshi Ohshima, Junichi Isoya, Jörg Wrachtrup, Arne Wickenbrock, and Dmitry Budker, Microwave-free vector magnetometry with nitrogen-vacancy centers along a single axis in diamond, (2019), Phys. Rev. Applied 13, 044023; arXiv:1904.04361
- Huijie Zheng, Jingyan Xu, Geoffrey Iwata, Till Lenz, Julia Michl, Boris Yavkin, Kazuo Nakamura, Hitoshi Sumiya, Takeshi Ohshima, Junichi Isoya, Joerg Wrachtrup, Arne Wickenbrock, and Dmitry Budker, Zero-field magnetometry based on nitrogen-vacancy ensembles in diamond, Phys. Rev. Applied 11, 064068 (2019); arXiv:1811.11498
EC – European Commission
Project Number: H2020-EU.1.2.3.
Date: 01/10/2018 → 30/09/2021